Monday, March 18, 2013

Joe Rubinstein

 
 

Mr. Rubinstein started his comic career back in the 70's.  Working primarily as an inker, he has worked for all the major comic comparies - Marvel, DC and later Dark Horse - and has worked on every character you can think of.  He has had extended runs on Spider-Man, Aquaman and on the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe series.  According to Wikipedia, he has inked over 2,500 comics over his career to date.

Mr. Rubinstein actually contacted me as he saw a piece Dave Ross did for me in my comicartfans gallery.  He has worked a fair bit with Dave over the years and was curious to know if I wanted it inked.  Instead I commissioned a piece from him and he did this stunning portrait of Basil Rathbone for me.  It's in charcoal and the scan does not do it justice.  It is a dead on likeness of the great actor and is just superb.  
 
If you are interested in finding out about a commission from him check out the following links:

No comments:

Post a Comment